Saturday, April 28, 2007

The jungle walk....

Looking pretty petrified i know.... i was!!!! I think the moment that really freaked me though, was when i got closer to 'mr croc' my guide actually handed me his big stick(to fight off the animals!!!) 'just in case' he said.... yikes! It was time to step away when he opened his eye to take a look at me and made a big sigh! What next was going through his head - lunch!?! Was pretty amazing to have been able to get so near though - you know me... i like to live life on the edge! hee hee! A little further on through the jungle and we'd come to an opening, we were then suddenly running like crazy from 3 giant rhinos...! Eeek! After a few minutes watching them peacefully from about 8 metres maybe, and our guide having previously warned us that if a rhino decides to attack then we need to either climb a tree or ruin in zig zags! No trees around at this point just open land and elephant grass in the distance, so when the rhinos soon spotted us and started to move closer - all we could do was run (and pray!!!!). Omigod! I know we'd heard about tourists having been chased after and attacked by rhinos but i didn't actually think we were going to get quite so close to experiencing it ourselves!

1 comment:

maximus said...

careful..that thing could break a nail....x