Saturday, April 28, 2007

Day 9 - and i blame it on the altitude...!!!

Yep - by day 9 on our way to our final destination - Muktinath, Ella was really starting to loose the plot. Ok, so i couldn't not wear my 'lucky scarf' that our lovely little lady gave each of us at our last guest house but i guess wearing in on my head in this particular fashion was maybe taking it a little far. The others decided i looked rather like an easter egg...! How rude....! :) This was also the day i fell straight into an ice cold river up to my waist and only JUST managed to save my camera from being soaked! eek! For some ridiculous idea i thought i could just cross over to the otherside without even considering the mudslide riverbank that of course lead me straight in. Lee was just about to say to me 'are you crazy, you'll fall in!' and before he could even open his mouth i was in! Doh! (photo to come soon when lee emails it to me). I had to spend the rest of the day walking in wet clothes from my waist down and with my feet in plastic bags! Fun fun fun! So much for the 'lucky scarf' that i'd been so dedicated in wearing! :)

No comments: