Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Over a year has gone by.....

Slack slack slack all the way, i know, and i completely admit to it but what can you do.... it's been a busy time. :)

So my last blog entry was over a year ago when i was in Vietnam....
Here's a real nutshell of what i've been up to since July 2007 then (there is no way i am backdating my blog now as i would be here for another year just doing that!)

After 1 month in Vietnam Cindy (my Canadian friend) and i, took a 23 hour bus ride across the border into Laos where we spent the next 6 weeks and had an absolute ball....!!! This is also the point where my papa came out to join me to live 3 weeks 'in the life of a backpacker' initiall in the north of Laos and then continuing on to Thailand together before he had to fly back to the UK to live a 'normal' life again.

After just a few weeks in Thailand, where i spent some time near the Burmese border and had a go at teaching Burmese refugee children English, i then flew out of Bangkok to live life in the land of Oz for a year....! Oh yes, believe it or not i actually settled down and got a 'real job' for a while, and i even have a photo to prove it below.... (just for those of you who may doubt that i actually do do 'real work' every now and then.... hee hee!) I based myself in Melbourne for the year and worked as a Child Protection Social Worker.... To be continued...

2 comments:

Eddie Zee said...

before i continue please dont mistake this as spam my names Eduard and i was mabye hoping you were into poetry and would like to check out some of my work at poetry4hire.blogspot.com/
Leave comments if you would like. Thank you and enjoy.

Jon said...

was looking at some photos last night of your Pompey leaving do in September 2006... doesn't time fly! And yes you are bad at keeping in touch! I've tried to call you a couple of times but no luck!!! Miss youuuuuuuuu squirrel!!! xxxxxx